The description of checks and the adjustments necessary for maintenance of high operational qualities of the car, profitability, movement and durability safety is provided in this chapter.
To provide reliable operation of the car during the whole period of operation, make maintenance in due time. The manufacturer established the periodicity of maintenance given below.
If the car is maintained under trying conditions, for example, at the raised dust content, with the trailer, on small speeds or at a large number of trips on short distances, it is recommended to reduce intervals between maintenance.
In case maintenance is carried out irregularly, normal operation of units and car devices is broken. Especially it concerns the engine of the second-hand car which was not exposed to regular or timely checks. In such cases besides periodic maintenance it is necessary to perform additional adjustment works.
If there are suspicions on wear of the engine, for obtaining preliminary information on a condition of tsilindroporshnevy group of the engine check a compression. On the basis of these data it is possible to receive idea of volume and degree of complexity of the forthcoming works. If, for example, results of measurement of a compression obviously indicate strong wear of the engine, routine maintenance will not lead to restoration of normal operational qualities, and all works will appear inexpedient. Such engine will need major maintenance with complete dismantling.
Irregular service can become the reason of bad operation of the engine. In that case execute the following:
– clear, examine and check the storage battery;
– check levels of oil and cooling liquid, if necessary add;
– replace spark plugs;
– check a condition and a tension of poliklinovy belts;
– check a condition of the air filter, if necessary replace it;
– check a condition of all hoses (branch pipes) and their tightness;
– check a condition of a cover and a rotor of the distributor of ignition and high-voltage wires, if necessary replace worn-out details;
– check power supply system;
– check a power supply system.
Below amounts of works of the maintenance which is carried out according to recommendations of manufacturer are described.