The system of start-up of the engine consists of the storage battery, a starter, the traction relay of a starter and the electric chain connecting components.
If the starter does not work at inclusion, the following reasons are possible:
– the storage battery is faulty;
– break of an electric chain between the switch (lock) of ignition, the traction relay, the storage battery and a starter;
– the traction relay is faulty;
– mechanical or electric defect of a starter.
For check of the storage battery include headlights. If their light grows dull in some seconds, means, the battery is discharged. Recharge or replace the battery. If light of headlights does not grow dull, include a starter and watch light. If their light grows dull, means, the starter is faulty. If headlights continue to burn brightly (and there is no click of the traction relay of a starter), the electric chain is damaged or the traction relay is faulty. If the rotor of a starter rotates slowly, and the storage battery is serviceable and charged, means, the starter is faulty or there is a break in an electric chain of a starter.
For identification of damage to an electric chain disconnect the storage battery and smooth out all connections and contacts in a starter power-supply circuit. Again connect the storage battery and the voltmeter check tension on elements of an electric chain to a starter.
If the storage battery is serviceable, and the electric chain is not damaged, remove a food wire from the traction relay and connect to it the voltmeter. Turn the ignition key in situation «engine start-up». In this case the voltmeter should show tension of the storage battery.
Contacts of the traction relay can be checked voltmeter connection between contact of the traction relay connected to a starter and "weight". At key turn in situation «engine start-up» the voltmeter should show tension. In the absence of tension — the traction relay is faulty or its contacts scorched.
If the electric chain and the traction relay are serviceable, that, means, the starter is faulty.
At work of system of start-up of the engine observe the following precautions:
– engine start-up by a starter carry out during no more than 15 pages. If the engine was not started up, repeated start-up carry out not earlier than through 2 mines;
– the starter is connected directly to the storage battery and consequently can put it out of action at overloads or short circuit in a starter;
– before work on an electric chain and components of system of start-up disconnect a "weight" wire from the storage battery.