Violations in work of a transmission can be caused by the following reasons:
– poor-quality adjustment of the engine;
– poor-quality adjustment of a transmission;
– malfunctions in hydraulic system of a transmission;
– malfunctions in mechanical system of a transmission;
– malfunctions in the computer or its electric chain.
First of all check level and an oil condition in a transmission and adjustment of drafts, and on models till 2001 — adjustment of draft of management by a butterfly valve.
Make a short trip for transmission warming up.
Check level of transmission liquid in a transmission.
If level of liquid is lower demanded, add liquid in a transmission and check absence of external leakages of liquid.
If level of liquid is much higher demanded, merge superfluous liquid and check, whether there is at it a cooling liquid. Presence at transmission liquid of cooling liquid testifies that there was a destruction of internal walls of a radiator which divide transmission and cooling liquids.
If transmission liquid is made foam, merge it and fill in fresh liquid.
Check frequency of rotation of the engine idling. If the engine works unstably, before performance of further checks adjust the engine.
Check freedom of moving of a cable of an accelerator, if necessary adjust.
Check operation of the mechanism of a choice of transfers.
Be convinced that there are no leaks in installation sites of laying and sealing rings in a transmission.
The smell of burned oil is a sign of pollution by its small particles as a result of wear of frictional overlays of elements of management of an automatic transmission. It should guard you as, probably, major maintenance of a transmission is required.
If oil level in an automatic transmission is lower normal, in the oil pump air that will lead to formation of oil foam will start to arrive. It in turn will cause decrease in working pressure in a control system, a proskalzyvaniye of frictional elements of management of a transmission and a gear shifting delay.
If oil level more normal, as a result of rotation of gear wheels of planetary mechanisms also begins plentiful foaming that will lead to the same consequences, as well as in case of low level of oil.
Formation of a mix of air with oil finally will cause an overheat and oil oxidation that will negatively affect operation of valves and frictional elements of management. Besides, foaming becomes the reason of the increased emission of oil through сапун that can be wrongly accepted for leakages of oil from system.
Diagnostics of leakages of transmission liquid
It is easy to define a place of leakages of transmission liquid visually. Repair usually consists in replacement of laying, sealing rings and cuffs.
If the place of leak is difficult for finding, execute the following actions:
– identify liquid. At first be convinced that there is a leakage of transmission liquid, instead of engine oil or cooling liquid. Transmission liquid has dark red color;
– make a short trip, then stop the car over a big leaf of a cardboard. In some minutes on the drops which have fallen to a cardboard, define a leak place;
– inspect a place of prospective leak, paying special attention to laying. For simplification of search in hard-to-reach spots use a mirror;
– if leak is not found, clear an expected place solvent and dry up it;
– make a trip before transmission warming up on various modes with gear shifting, then by repeated survey determine a place of leakage of liquid.
After definition of a place of leak define and eliminate its reason. If laying replacement, but a privalochny surface on which laying is established is made, is deformed or has teases, only replacement of laying will not give positive result. It is necessary to level or smooth out a privalochny surface previously.