General check of the fuel pump. If there is a suspicion on insufficient productivity and reduction of pressure created by the fuel pump, execute the following actions:
– check a condition and degree of a zaryazhennost of the storage battery and, if necessary, charge it;
– check serviceability of a safety lock in a power-supply circuit of the fuel pump;
– check a condition of fuel tubes and hoses on absence of leaks;
Aurally check operability of the fuel pump. The assistant should turn the ignition key in situation «ignition is included», thus you during 2 with should hear click and the noise created by the pump (noise from operation of the fuel pump it is most convenient to listen through a jellied mouth of a fuel tank). If the fuel pump does not work, check an electric power-supply circuit of the fuel pump. If the fuel pump works, but does not create demanded pressure, it is necessary to check the pressure created by the pump.
Check of the pressure created by the fuel pump. For pressure check in fuel system it is necessary to have a manometer and the corresponding adapter for connection to fuel system taking into account the following remarks:
– on models till 2001 of release fuel hoses are connected by hollow bolts with washers to the fuel filter, the fuel filter is established on an arm on the left side in a motor compartment;
– on models since 2001 of release fuel hoses incorporate quick-detachable connectors, the fuel filter is established on the block of the fuel pump.
Dump pressure in fuel system.
Connect a manometer for pressure measurement as follows:
Fig. 5.1. An arrangement of a hollow bolt of fastening of a hose of an exit of fuel from the fuel filter on models till 2001 of release
– on models till 2001 of release remove the block of the relay and safety locks from an arm and disconnect a hose of an exit of fuel from the fuel filter and connect the manometer adapter to an exit of the fuel filter
Fig. 5.2. An arrangement of a connector of a fuel pipe on models since 2001 of release
– on models since 2001 of release separate a connector of a fuel tube about the distributive fuel highway and to it connect the manometer adapter
Include ignition, thus the fuel pump should work 2 pages.
Take readings on a manometer. If pressure of fuel exceeds nominal rate, replace a pressure regulator. If pressure of fuel is lower than nominal rate, the fuel filter and/or fuel tubes can be littered, leakages of fuel take place or the fuel pump and/or a pressure regulator are faulty.
Start up the engine and warm up it to working temperature. Check pressure of fuel. If pressure of fuel is lower than nominal rate and the obvious reasons of it, probably are not found, the regulator of pressure and/or the fuel pump have defects. In this case it is recommended to replace a regulator of pressure and the fuel pump.
Switch off the engine and constantly supervise pressure in fuel system which should be supported to constants. Through 5 mines after engine switching off pressure in fuel system should be 150 kPas. If pressure decreased to much lower size, the regulator of pressure and/or the fuel pump have defects or the distributive fuel highway is not tight.
After check of pressure of fuel dump pressure in fuel system and disconnect a manometer with the adapter.